Time In A Garden

10:34 AM


There is a great deal of peace and serenity to be found at Selby Gardens in Sarasota, FL, and I found myself in need of a place to unwind and decompress after my whirlwind experience at the Suncoast View show. Selby was the perfect place!

What was even better was running into two of the artists who sometimes join me at Keeton's for classes. They even had their kits with them!

There was a light breeze coming in off from the bay that kept things nice and cool. I walked around for a few minutes just soaking in the ambience before pulling out my Stillman and Birn sketchbook. This is the Zeta version and it's their smallest softcover size at 3.5 x 5.5 inches, closed. It's perfect for small bags and pockets!

The sketches above were all done on location, but with a two-hour drive in front of me, I chose to add the color after I arrived at home. (It was only when I went to paint this that I realized I had not finished the tree that went with the really odd bloom at the upper right side—it looked like it was ready to strike! I didn't even take a photo! I must have been distracted!:)

I will be teaching a two-day workshop there in March, Painting Postcards in the Gardens, and we'll have a chance to explore this phenomenal place together in our sketchbooks—I hope you can join me! I will be returning in April for a second class as well.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions and I hope to see you there!
SaveSave

You Might Also Like

3 Creative Thought(s)

  1. I really wish I could do this with you. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laure, I just want to tell you how very much your tutorials here have helped me. It's like a light bulb went on for me. I am a beginning watercolorist and want to journal as well. Which of your online classes would be the best one to start with? Again, a big thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Karen, my apologies for not responding sooner! I would suggest going to either Artful Journaling: Watercolor Beginnings or Artful Journaling: Foundations. Watercolor Beginnings goes into reading and understanding watercolor, doing color charts, learning to control water and pigment on the brush and paper and good stuff like that. Foundations starts in with learning to tear paper all the way to working on layouts and designing pages. Please let me know if I can answer further questions. If you do have more questions, please use the contact box over on the ride sidebar so we can talk via email!

      Delete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe